We are part of the university council since september 2017. Since then, we have achieved a number of things:
- A special PhD Psychologist has been hired to help struggling PhD candidates.
- PhD candidates get a contract extension when they take paternity leave;
- Bursary PhD’s can vote in the university Council elections;
- Bursary PhD’s get a stipend if they become a university or faculty council member;
- The housing fee for international PhD’s has been reduced from 300 to 75 euro;
- The UU now has three all-gender bathrooms to accommodate a more diverse group of employees and students;
- Our ten recommendations on how to improve PhD well-being are now being implemented by the UU board.