We are part of the university council since september 2017. Since then, we have achieved a number of things:
- University-wide quality agreements have been established and will be shared across the university in Spring 2020;
- An online handbook will be provided with all the rights and tasks of PhD candidates are presented;
- All PhDs of Utrecht university will have a second supervisor, and a third party present during progress meetings.
- A special PhD Psychologist has been hired to help struggling PhD candidates;
- PhD candidates get a contract extension when they take parental leave;
- Our ten recommendations on how to improve PhD well-being are now being implemented by the UU board;
- The UU now has three all-gender bathrooms to accommodate a more diverse group of employees and students. This will be extended in 2020.
- Bursary PhD’s can vote in the University Council elections;
- Bursary PhD’s get a stipend if they become a university or faculty council member;
- A plan has been developed to ensure the participation of non-Dutch speaking council members in all UU councils;
- Important documents discussed in the councils will be provided in both English and Dutch as a standard;
- The housing fee for international PhD’s has been reduced from 300 to 75 euro.